FINDING QUALIFIED PARENTING HELP IN HOUSTON HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER.
These terms and conditions (“Terms”) are a legal contract between you (either you as an individual or the entity or organization on whose behalf you are entering into these terms and conditions) and Children at Risk, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (“Children at Risk,” “we,” or “us”) for the access to and use of this website, www.smartparents.org, which includes text, media, documentation, pictures and other content (collectively, the “Website”).
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE WEBSITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS, AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY PROVISIONS BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND OR AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE WEBSITE AND PLEASE EXIT THE WEBSITE NOW.
1. Information You Provide
2. Accessing the Website
When retrieving information from the Website, you are prohibited from (a) using or attempting to use spiders, robots, avatars, intelligent agents, or any other extraction or navigation search except for a normal browser, (b) aggregating, copying or duplicating any of the materials or information available from the Website except for the small amount of materials and information temporarily required for an ordinary single use of the Website, (c) accessing data not intended for you, or (d) accessing the Website for the purpose of competing with Children at Risk or its affiliates.
By accessing the Website, you agree:
- You are solely responsible for all activity associated with your use of the Website, including, without limitation any posted data, text, links, video files, photos, or any other content (collectively, the “User Content”) that you may provide to Children at Risk. Such User Content also includes any content you submit to Children at Risk via our “Contact” page or by emailing Children at Risk generally, including at the following email addresses: email@example.com.
- You represent and warrant that all User Content that you may send to Children at Risk shall be your wholly original material (except for material that you are using with the permission of its owner), and does not infringe or violate any copyright, trademark or other rights of any third party, including any rights of privacy or publicity.
- You are solely responsible for keeping a duplicate copy of all User Content; we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the loss of your User Content.
- You shall not use the Website for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- You shall not transmit worms, viruses or any code of a destructive nature to Children at Risk or its users, including any donors or volunteers of Children at Risk (“Volunteers”).
- You shall not abuse, harass, threaten, harm or impersonate other Volunteers, Children at Risk users or employees of any Children at Risk Entities or any of its partners, at any time or for any reason.
- You shall not post or send User Content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, obscene, abusive, unlawful, harassing, racially or ethnically offensive, libelous or defamatory, or any content that encourages unlawful conduct.
- You have no right to access data or content of Volunteers or other users of the Website, unless such access is authorized by Children at Risk.
- All content, information, and links presented on this Website are for informational purposes only. All information on the Website is subject to change.
Except as expressly provided in these Terms, any reproduction, display or other dissemination of information or content contained in this Website is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement.
Any use of the Website in violation of the above requirements violates these Terms and may result in, among other things, termination or suspension of your rights to use the Website. Furthermore, we reserve the right to deactivate or suspend use of the Website or any services provided through the Website for any reason.
3. Intellectual Property Rights
The copyrights and other intellectual property in the Website are owned by Children at Risk and its licensors. This includes the term “SmartParents” and the orange and red “SmartParents.org” logo and symbol, which are trademarks of Children at Risk. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, including Section 2 above, you are authorized to view, store, print, reproduce, copy, and distribute any pages within the Website for non-commercial use within your organization only. All other rights are reserved. You may print off pages of the Website strictly for personal use; however if you do so, you agree that you do not acquire any ownership rights in any of that material. You may not copy, distribute, transmit, publish, sell, transfer, create derivative works of, or otherwise exploit any such material that you print off. In consideration of this authorization, you agree that (a) any copy of these documents which you make shall retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in such documents and (b) these Terms are included with any distribution.
By submitting User Content to the Website or to Children at Risk, you hereby grant Children at Risk a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, and display the User Content when operating the Website and for Children at Risk’s internal business purposes. You acknowledge that Children at Risk is not responsible for any User Content you provide and that Children at Risk may reject or delete such User Content in Children at Risk’s sole discretion.
4. Third Party Websites
5. Disclaimers; Limitation of Liability
Children at Risk has established this Website to provide you with convenient access to certain information. While Children at Risk has undertaken efforts to provide accurate information, it is not comprehensive and Children at Risk makes no commitment to update the information at any particular frequency. Information on the Website may also be changed at any time without notice. This includes but is not limited to classes posted on our “Find a Class” page, information posted on our “Parent Education” page, or resources posted on our “Resources” page. Information on the Website may also be approximate, for example the date, time, and cost of a class on our “Find a Class” page. As a result, the information may not be accurate, up to date or applicable to the circumstances of any particular case. Any decisions you make based on information contained in this Website are solely your responsibility. Children at Risk cannot guarantee the security of the Website and makes no representations or warranties as to whether the Website is free of any viruses or other forms of data corruption.
In addition, Children of Risk is not responsible for the actions or omissions of any third party, including but not limited to any provider of a class, resource, or program. If you have a complaint against a third party provider, please contact that provider to resolve the matter.
You choose to access and/or use the Website and the information provided on the Website at your own risk.
THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL CHILDREN AT RISK OR ITS AFFILIATES, RELATED COMPANIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, PARTNERS, AND LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “CHILDREN AT RISK ENTITIES”) BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DEFICIENCY, ERROR, INACCURACY OR INTERRUPTION IN THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND. YOUR SOLE REMEDY IN THE EVENT OF ANY DEFICIENCY, ERROR, OR INACCURACY SHALL BE TO REQUEST THAT CHILDREN AT RISK CORRECT THE MATTER OR, IF CHILDREN AT RISK FAILS TO DO SO, TO DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE CHILDREN AT RISK ENTITIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM (A) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE WEBSITE OR (B) ANY CONTENT OBTAINED FROM THE WEBSITE.
6. Controlling Law; Venue
These Terms and any action related to the access or use of the Website or services provided through the Website will be governed by the laws of the State of Texas without regard to or application of its conflict of law provisions or your state or country of residence. All claims, legal proceedings or litigation arising in connection with the Website will be brought solely in the State of Texas, and you consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive any objection as to inconvenient forum.
Entire Agreement; No Third Party Beneficiaries
If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms or portion thereof to be unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of these Terms, and the remainder of these Terms shall continue in full force and effect. No waiver by us of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. We may revise these Terms from time to time; the most current version will always be at www.smartparents.org. By continuing to access or use the Website after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms.
Other than the Children at Risk Entities, no other person or company will be third party beneficiaries to the Terms.